Medicine Summer SchoolThe course will focus on the key components required for successful entry to study Medicine; transferrable skills and Biology.
DATES: 8th – 22nd July 2017
In recent years more than 60 Abbey College Cambridge students have progressed to study Medicine at UK Universities. Our intensive two week Summer School is designed to prepare you to study on a Medical Degree at a UK University. You will benefit from our extensive experience of preparing successful medical applicants.
The course will focus on the key components required for successful entry to study Medicine; transferrable skills and Biology.
Transferrable Skills, key components
- Introduction to UK medical training and working as a Doctor in the UK
- Medical school personal statement workshop
- Basic first aid
- Team building, leadership and problem solving workshops
- Medical ethics
- Presentation skills workshop
- Medical school interview practice
Biology, key components
- Introduction to key topics including anatomy, biochemistry, cell biology, genetics, immunology, microbiology, molecular biology, nutrition, pathology, pharmacology and physiology
- Basic clinical skills such as suturing
- Introduction to case based and problem based learning
- Introduction to systems based learning
In addition to taught sessions the course will include medical school visits, lectures from medical professionals and Q&A sessions with former Abbey students who are now working as Doctors.
MEDICINE SUMMER SCHOOL FEE: £2,999
Inclusive of all lessons, trips, meals and accommodation in our Purbeck House Halls of Residence.
Medicine Summer School Entry Requirements
|English Level (minimum)||IELTS 5.5 (or equivalent)|
|Age||15 – 21 years on entry|
To declare your interest in studying on our Medicine Summer School please email Admissions@abbeydld.co.uk.