Oxbridge Summer SchoolOur two week Oxbridge Summer School is an intensive programme designed to prepare you for an application to either the University of Oxford or the University of Cambridge (known collectively as Oxbridge).
2018 DATES: 7th – 22nd JULY 2018
Admission to Oxbridge is incredibly competitive, every year there are many more applicants than there are places available. To succeed applicants need to stand out from the crowd, to not only be academically exceptional, but also confident, well-rounded individuals able to demonstrate an intense passion for their subject and a wide range of knowledge and additional interests.
At Abbey College Cambridge we have a proud track record of sending students to Oxbridge. With over 60 recent Abbey Cambridge students studying at Oxford or Cambridge. In 2017 10% of our Upper Sixth students received offers to study at Oxbridge.
This programme distils our knowledge of the Oxbridge admissions and academic systems together with the exceptional support that we are able to provide individual Oxbridge applications. You will be prepared in every aspect of application, make important contacts within the college admissions system, and have an addition to your application which demonstrates your commitment to secure a place at Oxbridge.
Key components of our Oxbridge Summer School include:
- University and College selection: Applicants have to choose either Oxford or Cambridge. We will work with you to identify the most appropriate University and College in terms of course choice, character and chances of success.
- Admissions Interview content and technique: We’ll look at the types of questions you can expect and provide practical guidance through mock admissions interview practice.
- Academic Preparation: Teaching and guidance focused towards the extended Oxbridge application requirements.
- College visits and meetings with admissions tutors: Visit key colleges at Oxford and Cambridge. Get a feel for the environments you will be studying in and meet with Oxbridge admissions tutors.
- Q&A sessions with current Oxbridge students: Practical advice from Abbey College Cambridge students who have been through the application process and secured places at Oxbridge.
Have a go at sample Oxbridge interview questions online. Our team will respond with constructive feedback and how we think you would have fared in a real Oxbridge interview.
OXBRIDGE SUMMER SCHOOL FEE: £2,999
Full Board accommodation is provided in single ensuite rooms in out Tripos Court Halls of Residence located 5 minutes’ walk from our campus.
|English Level (minimum)||IELTS 5.5 (or equivalent)|
|Age||14- 21 years on entry|
Our Oxbridge Summer School is led by Abbey College Cambridge Vice Principal Dr Lucy Sweatman. Lucy completed an MPhil in Early Modern History at the University of Cambridge (Clare College) and is the author of the ‘Getting into Cambridge’ guide. Lucy works closely with our Abbey College Cambridge students, sharing her knowledge and expertise on Oxbridge entry.
To declare your interest in studying on our Oxbridge Summer School please email Admissions@abbeydld.co.uk.