GCSE students at Abbey College Cambridge, one of the UK’s leading international colleges, are celebrating an amazing set of 2017 GCSE results.
From a total of 145 GCSEs sat by Abbey Cambridge students this year:
- 42% were marked at grade A* (or grades 8-9)
- 56% were marked at A*-A grades (or grades 7-9)
- 73% were marked at A*-B grades (or grades 6-9)
- 86% were marked at A*-C (or grades 4-9)
In total Abbey College Cambridge students received 10 GCSE marks at the highest possible new grade of 9.
Student success stories included:
- Ma Jingyi (Emily) from China who received A* grades in 5 subjects and the highest 9 grade for Mathematics
- Victoria Jumbei from Romania who received 3 A*, 1 A, 1 C and a 8 grade in Mathematics
- Wu Qijun (Michael) from China who received A* grades in 6 subjects and a 9 grade for Mathematics
- Monique Tan from Malaysia who received 4 A grades, 1 B, 1 C and a 6 grade in Mathematics
College Principal Dr Julian Davies commended his students’ results, stating: ‘’This is quite some performance from our GCSE students and, following on from last week’s A Level results, shows what incredible teaching and support our students have received. Well done to our students and thank you to our staff.’’